How to Find Your Current Car Value
By Ryan Finn – Manager, Auto House
Right now, market conditions are very favorable for people looking to sell their cars. Due to the pandemic, supply chain disruptions and other factors, fewer new cars were produced in 2020, in turn, increasing the demand for quality pre-owned vehicles. The scarcity of new models is driving up the current car value of used vehicles, so this might be the best time to leverage your vehicle’s value and get the best deal or use the value to find a new ride. With stimulus payments and tax season, many people also have more disposable income that could be used to upgrade their vehicle to a more reliable car, so used cars are in high demand.
Whether you’re planning to sell your car outright or put the equity you have in your current car towards the purchase of another vehicle, you’ll want to work with someone you can trust to get you the best value possible and make the experience a pleasant one, not something to dread. Auto House has you covered. We’ll leverage our extensive network to get you the best and most competitive value possible. All offers are good for seven days, so there’s never any pressure but if you’re ready to sell right away we’ll cut you a check on the spot. (Unlike the other guys, who’ll leave you waiting for up to two weeks for a check.)
How to Check My Car Value
Getting a fair car value will vary from dealer to dealer, while the pricing of cars for sale will be comparable across dealers. The two most common valuation tools for consumers and car sales are Kelley Blue Book and Edmunds. Auto House is a Kelley Blue Book Buying Center, so we always have a buyer available on-site or by phone, or you can get a valuation online, so you are informed before you enter into a sales negotiation. Auto House offers the highest value possible for your current vehicle. Get an instant, accurate estimate online, over the phone, or in one of our three indoor showrooms, without high-pressure or gimmicks designed to leave you at a disadvantage.
More about understanding Kelley Blue Book Valuations here.
When Should I Sell My Car? Here are just a few scenarios:
- More Frequent Repairs and Maintenance: Cars do eventually begin to show their age and wear. It’s probably the right time to sell your car if it’s starting to cost more to keep it on the road than what it is worth. Auto House does all its own maintenance and repairs onsite, so we can factor in any potential impact it may have on your car value and still give you the best possible purchase offer for your vehicle.
- Your Lifestyle Changes: The most common reasons people consider selling their cars or trading for a newer model are lifestyle changes. One day you’re happily driving a smaller sportier car and loving it, and suddenly, a new baby is one the way, which means opting for a larger vehicle that’s suitable for little ones with newer safety features. Or you get a new job that requires a lot of road travel, so you want the best possible fuel efficiency.
- Warranty Expiration: Many people prefer the safety of a warranty that covers repairs. As the odometer creeps up, so does the recommended maintenance schedule. If you prefer the no worry scenario or find it difficult to shell out for larger recommended maintenance services, it may be time to sell your car for a newer model that’s under warranty.
- Parts Are Difficult to Find: Different car models are discontinued or phased out over the years. Once parts become difficult to acquire, the cost to keep the vehicle on the road will also rise, so it may be time to sell your car in favor of a newer model.
- Key Odometer Milestones: Many people will choose to sell their car right before a major odometer milestone that may require expensive service or recommended maintenance. There are also long-ingrained beliefs that persist that 100,000 miles is nearing the end of the car’s life cycle. While this may have been true decades ago, today’s vehicles are built to last well beyond the 100,000-mile mark, especially when they are well-maintained.
Deciding when it’s the right time to sell your car depends on many factors. Late-model vehicles are always the most desirable for trade-in and sales but don’t let owning an older car discourage you. Auto House buys cars at all stages of the life cycle. We’ve fine-tuned every aspect of car buying so we can provide incredibly easy transactions, whether you’re buying a car with us or not. We also buy cars in any condition, so even if your vehicle is on its last leg or it’s a relatively new model, we’ve got you covered. Ready to sell your car? Start here. You won’t regret it.